Southwest Pimento Cheese | THM-S
This spicy pimento cheese has a Southwest flair. Bring it to your next party or tailgate and wow your friends! Or use it to make grilled cheese for the best grilled cheese sandwich you've ever had!
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened can substitute Neufchatel cheese
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened if you use salted butter, reduce salt to 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt can substitute iodized salt
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, finely grated
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 7 ounce chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 Tablespoons pimento (roasted red pepper), chopped
- 8 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 8 ounces medium cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and nonfat Greek yogurt. Blend in cayenne, garlic powder, and mineral salt. Stir in onion, jalapenos, green chiles and pimento until well-combined. Mix in finely shredded cheese, then gently mix in the coarsely shredded cheese.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
Please note that we are not medical or nutritional professionals. We include nutrition information for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. It is calculated using WP Ultimate Recipe and we remove erythritol and xylitol from the final carb count because that is how THM calculates carbs. Please refer here for our complete Nutritional Disclosure.