Not sure what to write in your Christmas card this year. Then check out our list of 101 holiday card greetings.
Do you still send out holiday cards each year?
We sure hope so!
There’s nothing better than opening your mailbox in December and seeing it filled with cards.
Not junk mail…
or useless advertising flyers…
or pesky bills that are due…
but actual greeting cards that are hand-addressed for you and your family.
It seems like people are busier than ever, especially during the holidays, so sending Christmas cards falls to the bottom of the to-do list.
We want to change that!
Did your family take family pictures this year or maybe you have some amazing shots from a wonderful vacation?
But you haven’t ordered photo cards yet?
Maybe you just aren’t sure what to say on those holiday cards.
So you’ve avoided sitting down to actually order them.
We can help you!
Or we could have it all wrong and you always send Christmas cards out year after year to every single person in your address book and contact list.
Since you consistently mail greeting cards are you beginning to struggle with a new holiday message for your friends and family?
We’ve got you covered!
Or maybe you just give cards to close family and friends that you’d want to express your wishes for each person during the holiday season.
How do you get the perfect meaningful and sentimental message across to them?
We have some ideas!
Go grab a pen and get ready to jot down your favorite says.
We know that you’ll find one or two or maybe even 15 or 20 from our list of over 101 greetings.
So get ready to be inspired and find the perfect saying to use this year.
Then save this post on Pinterest so you can use it again next year and the year after.
After you save it can you share it with your friends too?
- What Should You Say on a Christmas Card
- Classic Holiday Card Sayings
- Merry Christmas Wishes
- Short and Sweet Christmas Greetings
- Simple Christmas Card Signatures
- Meaningful and Sentimental Holiday Messages
- Modern and Fun Holiday Sayings
- Funny Christmas Card Messages
- Religious Christmas Blessings
- Christmas Quotes
- Save and Share this Pin to Remember it Later!
- Pin it to Remember it:
What Should You Say on a Christmas Card
Everyone can use a little inspiration!
These sayings are absolutely fantastic for holiday cards but for so many other things too.
Are you a crafter?
Then our list of quotes and greetings is just perfect for you!
Need a decorating idea?
Well, use a message from our list of 101 options on a chalkboard or letterboard for instant Christmas decor in your home.
Classic Holiday Card Sayings
- We wish you health, happiness and love this Holiday Season and into the New Year
- Best wishes for love, happiness and love this Christmas
- May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter
- Wishing you the happiest holidays and a wonderful New Year in 2023
- Hope the holidays bring you lots of reasons to smile
- Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
- May the magic and wonder of Christmas stay with you throughout the New Year
- Wishing you the gifts of Christmas – Joy, Hope & Happiness
- Wishing you a sparkling holiday season and a brilliant New Year
- Sending you peace, love, and joy this holiday season
- Spreading holiday love this festive season
Merry Christmas Wishes
- Have a very merry Christmas and the happiest New Year!
- May your days be merry and bright. Happy holidays from all of us!
- May your heart be filled with all the joys of the season
- Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright
- May the beauty of the season bring you joy and warm memories
- Wishing you a joyous Christmas and Happy New Year
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas
- May your days be merry & bright this Christmas season
- Peace and love at Christmastime
- May your Christmas cheer last throughout the year
Short and Sweet Christmas Greetings
- Wishing you a magical holiday season
- Jingle All the Way
- May your Christmas be Merry & Bright
- May all your days be merry & bright
- Warm & Cozy Holiday Wishes
- Have a warm and cozy Christmas
- Merry & Bright
- Happy Holidays from Our Home to Yours
- Cheers to the New Year
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Joy to the World
- Tidings of Comfort & Joy
- Holiday Hugs and Mistletoe Kisses
- Wishing you peace, joy & love
- May the magic of Christmas never end
- May your heart be filled with cheer
- Making spirit bright
Simple Christmas Card Signatures
- Warmest Wishes
- Happiest Holidays
- With Love at Christmas
- Merry Christmas with lots of love
- Have a magical Christmas
- From our house to yours
- Happy holidays from all of us
- Have a jolly holiday
- Happy Holidays & Happy 2023
- Peace. Love. Joy.
Meaningful and Sentimental Holiday Messages
- Find joy in the little things this Christmas
- May the true spirit of Christmas fill your heart and home with joy
- May your heart be full of love, home full of joy, & world full of peace
- The gift of love. The gift of peace. The gift of happiness. May all these be yours at Christmas
- May the Christmas Season bring only happiness and joy to you and your family
- May the peace and joy of Christmas live in your heart all year long
- Hoping you have a Christmas touched with wonder and filled with love
- Wishing you a Christmas filled with the warmth of family, friends and funMay the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love, and your life with laughter
Modern and Fun Holiday Sayings
- Merry Days are Here to Stay
- Eat, Drink & Be Merry
- Merry Everything & Happy Always
- Believe in the Magic
- Christmas Vibes
- Stay Cozy
- It’s the Season to Sparkle
- Be Jolly
- Peace and Joy to You and Yours
- May your Christmas be wrapped in happiness
- May your holidays be decorated with love and joy
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly
- Joyful Holiday Wishes
Funny Christmas Card Messages
- May your gifts be many, and your returns and exchanges be few
- Hope you have a remember-forever-and-ever kind of holiday
- Hoping your Christmas is as happy as your sweater is ugly
- The tree isn’t the only thing getting lit this year
- May your holidays be as lovely as they look on Instagram
- Happy Whatever Doesn’t Offend You
- Home is where the Christmas cookies and presents are
- Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money
Religious Christmas Blessings
- Wishing you God’s wonderful gifts of faith, hope, peace and love at Christmas and always
- May God fill your life with Love, Joy & Peace this Holiday Season and throughout the New Year
- Rejoice for unto us a child is born. Wishing you God’s blessings this Christmas season.
- May you receive the gift of faith, the blessing of hope, and the peace of God’s love at Christmas and always
- Wishing you a season that’s merry and bright with the light of God’s love
- Christmas Blessings | The Henderson Family
- May Peace be your Blessing at Christmas and all through the year
- May His love surround you at Christmas-time and always
- May the spirit of Christmas be with you all year round
- Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests. Luke 2:14
- May the blessing of knowing Christ enrich your life in the year 2023
- “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- “Christmas isn’t just a day. It’s a frame of mind.” ~Valentine Davies, Miracle on 34th Street
- “Christmas isn’t about candy canes or lights all aglow, it’s the hearts that we touch, and the care that we show.”~ Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- “May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas eve.”~ Anonymous
- “It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who is around it.”~ Anonymous
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” ~Winston Churchill
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” ~ Burton Hillis
- “Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from the store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more!” ~ The Grinch, by Dr. Seuss
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” ~ Marjorie Holmes
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” ~ Will Ferrell, “Elf”
- “Love is what is in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.” ~ Anon
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” ~ Charles Dickens
- “We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give.” -Winston Churchill
Save and Share this Pin to Remember it Later!
We hope we’ve inspired you and given you some ideas this holiday season.
Do you have any other sayings you love that didn’t make our list?
If you have one or two drop them in the comments below and we’ll add them to our list when we update it for next year.
If you have any questions or suggestions, contact us or leave a comment!
Don’t miss any of our tips, tricks, or stories! We’d love for you to follow us on social media! You can find us on TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.