Take your Jalapeno Poppers to the next level with Mad Dash Mixes’ BLT Dip Mix! These low carb bacon-wrapped BLT Jalapeno Poppers are sure to be a hit at your next party, tailgate, or game night.
I don’t know about you, but I love jalapeno poppers. When I tasted bacon-wrapped poppers at a friend’s house, I think the heavens may have opened and I might’ve heard angels singing!
So when Mad Dash Mixes offered to send us some of their mixes to sample, I knew what I wanted to create as soon as I saw their BLT Dip Mix. It was time to take the delicious bacon-wrapped jalapeno popper to a whole new level of yum. Instead of just a cream cheese filling, how about a BLT filling?
Introducing, Bacon-wrapped BLT Jalapeno Poppers!
Mad Dash Mixes offer a wide variety of mixes to make cooking easy and delicious. Everything from dips, to meals, to desserts. I love that they have gluten-free options since one of my daughters is gluten intolerant. For those of you who eat sugar, their dessert mixes sound so good! I wish they offered options made with a low carb sweetener… (hint, hint, Tiffany!!)
I know you’re going to want to order some of their delicious mixes! And guess what?! You can get them ON SALE every time you order! Just use the code: S2M10 and get a 10% discount on your order.
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped BLT Jalapeno Poppers
Thanks to Mad Dash Mixes’ BLT Dip Mix, this recipe goes together so quickly. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 10 jalapeno peppers (3-inch long)
- 20 pieces of thin-sliced bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of Mad Dash Mixes BLT Dip Mix
Start off by getting out all your ingredients and preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. The cream cheese can soften while you prep your jalapenos. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the inner membranes and seeds.
Keep in mind: most of the heat of a jalapeno is in those membranes and the seeds! You may want to wear gloves to protect your hands from the oils while you’re doing this. Trust me when I say, those oils can stick around on your hands even after you wash them… And taking out a contact lens can BURN like a thousand suns.
Now, if you like spicier foods, you can save some of those seeds and mix them into the filling. But a little goes a very long way.
Next, shred the cheese. You can definitely use the kind in a bag, but honestly, I think freshly shredded cheese tastes better. Not to say that there aren’t days when I’m all about the bag o’ cheese!
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for super easy cleanup. Put racks inside the pan and spray them with cooking spray.
Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese to a medium-sized mixing bowl and start to mix it together.
Then add the BLT Dip Mix and stir until everything is completely mixed. See what I mean about simple? I love easy recipes like this!
Once it’s all mixed, it’s time to stuff your jalapenos! You don’t want to over-stuff them or else a bunch of the filling will melt out of the peppers when you cook them. Put in just enough of the BLT mixture to be level with the top edge of the pepper.
Then, wrap one slice of bacon around each stuffed pepper. I like to “close off” the open end of the pepper with the bacon. There’s no need to use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place if you use thin-sliced bacon.
Bake them for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is nice and crispy. And then try not to eat the oozy bits that melted out… 😉
You can serve them with some ranch dressing for dipping if you want. But personally I don’t like messing with the amazing flavor of the BLT filling!
These BLT Jalapeno Poppers were a huge hit at the tailgate! Everyone raved about how much flavor they had. But as per usual, we brought way more food than we needed for just 6 people… You know what that means, right? LEFTOVERS!
More Serving Ideas
Over this past week, I’ve tried a few different ways to enjoy these bacon-wrapped BLT Jalapeno Poppers. And y’all? I might want to keep these on hand all. the. time.
I warmed up two and cut them up to mix into my scrambled eggs. Oh MAN. That was redonkulous. And then we had burgers, and guess what I put on top of my burger? You guessed it! That combination tasted like something you’d get at a restaurant!
After you give these BLT Poppers a try, be sure to leave a star rating in the comments to help other people find this recipe. And don’t forget, use the code S2M10 to get 10% off anything you order from Mad Dash Mixes.
More Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Southwest Pimento Cheese | THM-S
- Over 40 Super Low Carb Game Day Snacks
- How to Pack a Low Carb Picnic for Wine Tasting
- Bacon Cheddar Biscuits (S)| Keto-friendly
Pin it to Remember it:
Bacon-Wrapped BLT Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 oz cream cheese Can substitute Neufchatel, but do not use fat free
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 20 slices bacon
- 1 pkg Mad Dash Mixes BLT Dip Mix
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet that has sides with parchment paper. Set baking racks in the pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare jalapeno peppers by cutting them in half lengthwise then remove the inner membranes and seeds. You may want to wear gloves to protect your skin from the oils of the pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and BLT Dip Mix. Stir until completely combined.
- Spoon the filling into the pepper halves so that the filling is level with the top edge of the pepper. Don't overfill the peppers.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each pepper half. You can secure the bacon with a toothpick if desired, but that's not necessary if you use thinly sliced bacon. Place wrapped peppers on the prepared rack, dip side facing up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is crispy. Serve immediately. Store any unused poppers in the refrigerator.