Hope you’re having a great start to your weekend!
It’s still been busy for me since I was away in Little Rock all week with my daughter Emma for a tap dance convention.
I just got home yesterday and today (Saturday) we are headed to the beach for a week.
Anne & I are so looking forward to a week away to relax and have fun with our friends and families!
Do you have any summer travel plans this year?
It’s so nice to finally be getting back to normal isn’t it!?
Here are some random thoughts for you from AnnMarie on this beautiful Saturday morning:
1. I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Arkansas but it’s humid…like really, really humid…way worse than North Carolina humidity. Now to be fair it rained Every. Single. Day I was there this past week. But geez my hair was bad all week! Can anyone from Arkansas confirm this is what it’s really like there in the summer?
2. Recently I found this perfect denim jacket from Banana Republic Factory and it’s still on sale so go check it out now! It’s so super cute Emma my 16 year old keeps stealing it from me. I’ve had denim jackets before but this one is great because the arms are a bit wider so when you’re wearing a shirt with sleeves they don’t get pushed up to your shoulders when you put the jacket on. Seriously an important feature for me.
3. Puppies are hard work! My oldest son Jake got a silver lab 2 weeks ago and she is absolutely the cutest little thing. But boy do you forget how much work they are when they are that little. Being a dog grandma is super fun…I get to enjoy the puppy without all the hard work and getting up in the middle of the night. Be sure to follow us on Instagram so you can catch a peek of all the cuteness!
4. Anne has shared her knives from Zelite on the blog and social media. Well, guess who got some for herself? Yup…I may not be the recipe creator here at S2M but I do cook occasionally. Actually, Chris loves to grill and since it’s summer we grilled a steak last week so I gave him an early Father’s Day gift. He was so excited to slice up the London Broil steak for dinner with our new knife. Chris was truly amazed at how sharp it was and how easily and thin he was able to slice the meat. You can get 10% off these awesome Zelite knives if you use the code simply2moms10 when you check out.
5. Father’s Day is next week! Eeek! Do you still need a gift idea? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered! We have a list of 25 gift ideas for less than $50, plus a Father’s Day gift guide to help you find the perfect gift for the dads in your life!
This week on the blog:
Have you ever had overnight oats?
You NEED to try this new breakfast recipe Anne created…it’s delicious! I got to sample it in her kitchen while she was perfecting it for you.
Is your house ready for summer?
Anne shared some simple ideas for summer decorating.
Do you have a birthday celebration coming up?
Check out these easy & budget-friendly party ideas I shared from Emma’s birthday last year.
Stay tuned on social media next week when we chat with you from the beach!