Happy weekend, friend!
This has been quite a whirlwind month around here.
But this week, things are beginning to quiet down a bit as we begin summer vacation in our neck of the woods.
Last weekend was such a special celebration for my daughters’ graduation!
The only thing that could have made it any better was if our parents were able to be there too.
Fortunately, they were able to watch the livestream of the ceremony from their homes in Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia.
But my son made it home from Raleigh, so my heart was full getting to have us all together for a whole long weekend.
This mom is so proud and I’m excited for what their future holds!
The month leading up to my girls’ graduation was jam-packed with crafting to make all kinds of decorations for their party.
It was so gratifying to see how everything came together.
Do you ever plan an event and picture how things will look, and then it just doesn’t come out the way you pictured?
But this graduation party was not one of those times!
Even when some torrential rain caused everyone to come inside for part of the day.
AnnMarie helped me to assemble this fun buffet of candy, Crumbl cookies, and frosted brownies.
We all spent lots of time strolling down memory lane thanks to the photo banner I hung between my family room and kitchen!
I can’t wait to share more photos with you soon from the rest of the party.
I’ve got a few random thoughts to share with you this beautiful summer weekend:
1. I am currently obsessed with this fruity tea. It’s truly the perfect summer refresher! Believe it or not, I brew it with cold water!
Simply pop one tea bag in a 16-20 ounce cup, add cold water from the fridge, some ice cubes, and your favorite sweetener to taste. I use two of these low carb sweetener packets. Wait about five minutes and you’ve got a delicious summer drink.
You might want to brew a big pitcher because just one glass probably won’t be enough…
2. Have you watched the show Ted Lasso yet on Apple TV? I am so in love with it! Ted is such a likeable character, and it takes place in Great Britain so the accents make it even more charming. If you’ve not watched it yet, be sure to add it to your watch list.
3. Summer gets really hot here in North Carolina, but having somewhere shady to sit outside with a fan makes all the difference.
We installed these roller shades on all four sides of the pergola by our pool and this outdoor fan and that space is comfortable on even the hottest days! The shades blend in perfectly and you don’t even notice them when they’re rolled up.
4. You can make a really beautiful centerpiece for a kitchen, dining room, or even outdoor table for under $20. AnnMarie shared exactly how she put her fresh summer centerpiece together.
5. We’ve recently discovered some amazing kitchen knives and our hubbies have started using them instead of our old knives whenever they grill. After all, men always love using a great tool, am I right?!
These knives are weighted perfectly and are so sharp. You can get 10% off these fantastic Zelite (pronounced zee-leet) knives if you use the code simply2moms10 when you check out. They would make a great Father’s Day gift!
6. And speaking of Father’s Day, it’s only two weeks away. We consulted with our hubbies (who jokingly refer to themselves as “simply 2 dads”) and a close family friend to find out what they would love to get for Father’s Day.
We have a list of 25 gift ideas for less than $50, plus a Father’s Day gift guide to help you find the perfect gift for the dads in your life!
Tonight we’re heading downtown with our husbands for a festival of food trucks and live music.
Until next week!