A collection of 75 inspirational graduation quotes for both high school and college graduates. These inspiring quotes are perfect for cards, social media posts, or gift ideas. Add one of these quotes to a letterboard or chalkboard for instant party décor!
Do you want to motivate your graduate for success?
These sayings will inspire any recent grad!
So, if you’re looking for inspiration for a high school, college, or beyond you need to check out our list of graduation quotes.
We’ve included positive messages from well-known individuals in history to current influencers to unknown authors.
Give that someone special encouragement for the future at a milestone moment in their life.
And who knows maybe you’ll even find your very own motivational quote to live by.
I’m sure you will find a quote or 10 (LOL) that speaks to your heart in our expansive collection so be sure to keep reading to the end of this post.
And don’t forget to pin this post below to save it so you can refer back to it again & again!
Why Do I Need an Inspiration Quote?
Truth be told, I’m a sucker for a great quote!
I love adding motivational messages around my home.
And I’m always looking for new ones on Pinterest to use in craft projects or home décor ideas.
When someone special is celebrating a milestone occasion an inspirational quote may be just the thing you’re looking for.
Sometimes you may be looking for the perfect thing to say to that graduate in a card or letter.
Maybe you’re not great at pouring out your heart.
But when you read a quote that really speaks to you…well, then you may just want to share that inspiration with others.
Where Do I Use Motivational Quotes?
If you’re as sentimental as Anne & I are you may be looking for meaningful gift ideas for your graduate.
Anne’s children have all graduated high school and her oldest just graduated college.
My oldest has finished both high school and college, my middle graduated high school in 2020, and my youngest graduates in 2022.
As you can see, we’ve celebrated quite a few graduations both high school and college in the past several years.
Be sure to check out this post for ideas to give your grad!
One of the gifts I’ve given both of my sons when they completed high school was a graduation memory book.
This was probably one of both of their favorite gifts!
I created a book filled with letters and short messages of encouragement before heading off to college from family and friends.
And of course, I had to add some quotes to their books!
Adding inspirational quotes at the beginning and end of the book.
Since I had created a book for my oldest son Jake, I didn’t want to use the same quotes again when putting together Gavin’s book.
While I was searching for his book, I started making a list of my favorite quotes.
I’ll need new quotes for Emma’s graduation book so having this list handy is perfect.
Creating photo books is something I just love to do for people I love…it’s so fun to look back through pictures to remember times in the past.
For my Dad’s 70th birthday I created a book filled with a combination of photos, messages from family, and yup…you guessed it quotes!
And I also make a book every year from pictures of our annual family beach trip.
One year I even put together a family yearbook.
Even though it was a lot of work but so fun to look back at all the little and small events from the year.
And before Gavin heads off to college in August, I will be creating another book for him.
This one will be filled with photos that span his 18 years.
It’s kind of like a yearbook of his life.
You can get all the details of how I put it together for Jake here.
In each book I make for any occasion, I always add a few motivational quotes.
I thought I’d share my list of inspirational graduation quotes so that you can easily find a great quote in one place!
Now that you know why you need quotes & where you can use them let’s look at this awesome list…
75 Inspirational Graduation Quotes
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dream. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. – Dr. Seuss
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. – John F. Kennedy
- The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. -B.B. King
- Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one. – Pocahontas
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart you’ll know when you find it. – Steve Jobs
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. – Helen Keller
- Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know. – Winnie the Pooh
- The only impossible journey is the one you never begin. – Anthony Robbins
- Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
- It is good to have a journey toward the end, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. – Ernest Hemingway
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life that you have imagined. – Henry David Thoreau
- Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead. -Nora Ephron
- Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it. – Mark Amend
- Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. – Maya Angelou
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
- Follow your passion. It will lead you to your purpose. – Oprah Winfrey
- Keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things…your curiosity will lead you down the path of success. – Walt Disney
- My wish for you is that life becomes all that you want it to. Your dreams stay big. And your worries stay small. You never need to carry more than you can hold. And while you’re out there getting to where you’re getting to. I hope you know somebody loves you. And wants the same things too. Yeah. This is my wish. – Rascal Flatts
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt
Inspiring Quotes for Graduates
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. – Nelson Mandela
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. – Dr. Seuss
- It’s absolutely still possible to make a difference. – Michelle Obama
- We do not need magic to change the world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better. – JK Rowling
- Do or Do Not. There is no Try. – Yoda
- She believed she could so she did. – R.S. Grey
- Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. – John F. Kennedy
- If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done. -Thomas Jefferson
- Today or never that’s my motto. – Mary Poppins
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
- You’re off to great places! Today is your Day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way. – Dr. Seuss
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
- Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important have the courage to follow your own heart and intuition. – Steve Jobs
- Just when a caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly. – Proverb
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. – E.E. Cummings
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing you will be successful. – Albert Schweitzer
- Opportunity dances with those who are already on the dance floor. – Jackson Browne
- Be who you are on the inside. – Moana
- I knew exactly what to do but in a much more real sense I had no idea what to do. – Michael Scott
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
More Motivational Ideas
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart. – Confucius
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out? – Dr. Suess
- How lucky am I that I have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. – Winnie the Pooh
- It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all. – JK Rowling
- You get in life what you have the courage to ask for. – Orpah Winfrey
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. – William Shakespeare
- When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important. – Ellen DeGeneres
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those that matter don’t mind. – Dr. Seuss
- Nothing can dim the light that shines from within. – Maya Angelou
- There are far far better things ahead than any we leave behind. – C.S. Lewis
- The best way to predict your future is to create it. – Abraham Lincoln
- If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it. – William Arthur Ward
- All our dreams can come true…if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
- Follow your fear. – Tina Fey
- Be bold, be courageous, be your best. – Gabrielle Giffords
- Your imagination is your preview to life’s coming attractions. – Albert Einstein
- Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X
Have You Found a Favorite Inspirational Quote Yet?
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
- Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. -Martin Luther King Jr.
- An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. -Benjamin Franklin
- Creativity is intelligence having fun. – Albert Einstein
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible”. – Audrey Hepburn
- Go into the world and do well but more importantly go into the world and do good. – Minor Myers Jr.
- Great things are done by a series of small things brought together – Vincent Van Gogh
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Martin Luther King
- You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who will decide where to GO. – Dr. Seuss
Inspirational Graduation Quotes with unknown authors:
- Behind you all your memories, before you all your dreams, around you all who love you, within you all you need. – unknown
- What feels like the end is usually the beginning! – unknown
- The world is calling… – unknown
- Let your dreams be your wings… – unknown
- Success is what happens after you have survived your disappointments. – unknown
- This is the beginning of anything you want. – unknown
- And this is the part where you find out who you are. – unknown
- And so the adventure begins… – unknown
I hope you were inspired by all of these amazing inspirational graduation quotes.
Do you have a quote you love that didn’t make this list?
Please share it with us in the comments below.
If you have any questions or suggestions, contact me or leave a comment!